Do you want to enjoy something crispy, spicy, and healthy with tortillas and tacos? Well, I have an amazing thing for you. You must have eaten beans in your life. But have you ever tried refried beans? Trust me, refried beans are perfect to go with tacos. Both eating and cooking this taco bueno refried beans recipe is fun.
This dish is a special staple food in Mexico. I also tasted it for the first time in a Mexican cuisine restaurant. But its health benefits, softness, and creaminess urged me to try it for dinner. It’s one of those healthy recipes that your kids will surely enjoy. Make this recipe and serve them with chips. The taste of the chips dipped in this refried beans recipe is unbeatable!
In this blog post, I will discuss how to make taco bueno refried beans at your home.
How to Make Taco Bueno Refried Beans Recipe?
Taco bueno refried beans are an amazing food for winter. Even if a guest visits you in winter, you can make this healthy soupy refried beans dish within an hour. There is no need for any special cooking stove, range, or equipment to cook this food. You need only 40 minutes to cook this recipe after collecting the ingredients. Feel free to serve these refried beans with burritos, enchiladas, chile Rellenos, and tacos.
Following are some basic ingredients you need to have in your kitchen for making refried beans:
- Pinto beans = 3 cans
- Chopped Onion = half
- Chili powder = 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt = 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper = 1/2 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper = 1/8 tablespoon
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese = 1 cup
- Oil to fry beans
Step-By-Step Guide For Making Taco Bueno Refried Beans Recipe
If you are interested in knowing the secret recipe for this amazing dish, follow these steps carefully. And take relish of the bite of taco bueno refried beans.
Take a pan, pour some oil in it, and fry chopped onions to make them tender.
Once onions are fried and tender, pour a can of beans into it. Make sure to drain beans before assembling them with onions.
After a few minutes, take a second can of beans and add it without draining the beans’ liquid.
Add black pepper, cayenne pepper, and kosher salt to the beans as per your taste. Also, sprinkle some chili powder on it.
Properly stir the beans kept on the stove.
Once beans get cooked, mash the beans with a potato masher.
Add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mashed beans.
Mix it properly, and heat it to melt the cheese and get the desired cheesy creamy consistency.
Turn off the stove. And yummy refried beans are ready to serve! Enjoy it!
Nutritious Facts of Taco Bueno Refried Recipe
If you are conscious and want to intake these refried beans per diet portion, have a look at these nutritious contents. The total calories of this dish as per the above recipe and ingredients are 282. Here is the portion-wise division of these 282 calories.
|Total fat||22 g|
|Calories from fat||197|
|Trans fat||1 g|
|Saturated fat||9 g|
|Dietary fiber||16 g|
Can I use canned beans for the refried beans?
Yes, you can use canned beans for a refried beans recipe. But make sure to remove the beans’ liquid before using them.
How do I make the refried beans creamy?
To make refried beans creamy, you need to add cream, milk, yogurt, or cheese. Adding these products will give a thin creamy look to your refried beans.
Are there any variations or toppings I can add to the refried beans?
There are various things that you can add as topping on refried beans to give the aesthetic serving look. Some yummy toppings are cumin, cheese, chili powder, or a blend of all these.
Making this exclusive taco bueno refried beans recipe is easy, simple, and luscious. It’s an unforgettable meal that you can make in your kitchen in a few minutes. If you want to impress someone with your cooking skills, serve this delicious recipe. Try different flavors in refried beans by adding sour cream, yogurt, cheese, and milk. Receive amazing compliments from your friends and family by serving taco refried beans!
More Delicious Recipes
- Ruth’s Chris Chopped Salad Recipe
- Buffalo Wild Wings Ranch Recipe
- Bonefish Grill Olive Oil Dip Recipe
Taco Bueno Refried Beans Recipe
- 3 cans Pinto beans
- half Chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon Black pepper
- ⅛ tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Oil to fry beans
- Take a pan, pour some oil in it, and fry chopped onions to make them tender.
- Once onions are fried and tender, pour a can of beans into it. Make sure to drain beans before assembling them with onions.
- After a few minutes, take a second can of beans and add it without draining the beans’ liquid.
- Add black pepper, cayenne pepper, and kosher salt to the beans as per your taste. Also, sprinkle some chili powder on it.
- Properly stir the beans kept on the stove.
- Once beans get cooked, mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mashed beans.
- Mix it properly, and heat it to melt the cheese and get the desired cheesy creamy consistency.
- Turn off the stove. And yummy refried beans are ready to serve! Enjoy it!