Looking for something hot to warm up your cool winter nights? If yes, a bowl of cheesy creamy thick chicken fajita chowder recipe is perfect for you.
No other meal can be excellent and balanced like this southern chowder recipe. It’s filled with slices of chicken and vegetables.
I tried this recipe for the first time at my friend’s home. She cooked it for me in such a short time that I was impressed. As a working lady, I always cook simple, easy-to-quick meals.
Looking at health benefits and cooking time, I decided to try this savory recipe in my kitchen. And surprisingly, my kids loved this chicken fajita topped with cheese and cream.
Trying this mouth-watering zesting flavorsome chowder recipe with nachos and rice is a fun thing. Enjoy the outstanding crispy cheesy chicken fajita chowder in special dinners.
How to Make Chicken Fajita Chowder at Home?
For making chicken fajita chowder, you need to do some preparations. It’s not as time-consuming as it seems to be.
All you need is an hour to make this super luscious recipe. Fifteen minutes is enough time to do preparations for the chicken fajita chowder recipe.
Apart from cutting vegetables and mixing things, you need to cook them. 45 minutes is appropriate to boil and simmer the chicken fajita chowder. Feel free to serve it to guests at family dinners and parties.
- Chopped skinless boneless chicken breasts = 1 pound
- Chopped onion = 1 medium
- Chopped yellow, green, and red pepper = 1 medium each
- Olive oil = 2 tablespoon
- Frozen corn = 2 cups
- Mexican cheese blend = 1 cup shredded
- Brown rice = 1 cup uncooked
- Tortilla chips
- Minced fresh chives
- Sour cream = 1 cup
- Water = 4 cups
- Green enchilada sauce = 1 can
- Chopped green chilies = 1 can
- Salt = ¼ teaspoon
Step-By-Step Guide For Chicken Fajita Chowder
Follow these steps carefully to make chicken Fajita chowder like a pro chef in your kitchen:
Turn ON a Dutch oven and keep the flame from medium to high.
Place all the ingredients including onion, peppers, and chicken in the oil.
Continue cooking and stirring at medium flame till vegetables get tender and crispier.
Add corn, enchilada sauce, chiles, water, and rice into it. Also, sprinkle salt to get the flavor and stir the whole mixture.
Once the mixture is boiled, reduce the heat intensity and cover the pot.
Allow it to simmer for some time till the rice turns tender.
Turn Off the heat. Add sour cream and cheese to it. Stir the cheese thoroughly to melt it.
Delicious chicken fajita chowder is ready to serve. Enjoy having it along with chives and chips.
Freezing and Storage Tips
If you want to store and freeze delicious chicken fajita chowder, cool it. Pour the cool fajita chowder into an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator. It can stay best in the refrigerator for 6-7 days.
To use the stored chicken fajita chowder, you need to thaw it overnight. Pour the partially thawed chicken fajita into a saucepan and heat it. Make sure to stir the mixture while heating it to homogenize the consistency of frozen cheese and cream.
Chicken chowder fajita is not only a yummy recipe but a healthy one. If you want to satisfy your hunger with an average-calorie meal, this recipe is perfect for you. If you take 1-⅓ cups, the calorie content of the meal becomes 477. Let’s explore the detailed nutritional contents of homemade chicken chowder fajita recipe:
477 Calories Per 1-⅓ Cup Chicken Chowder Fajita Serving:
|Contents||Amount (in 477 calories)|
|Fat||23 g (9 g saturated fat)|
Chicken, vegetables, and cheese come together to give a never-ending relish and zest. This perfect assemblage comes in everyone’s favorite Chicken Fajita Chowder. The uniqueness of this recipe is the presence of rice and corn in it.
Having it is an undeniably toothsome and scrumptious experience. If you want to add new recipes to your everyday meal, try this in your dinner and enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes
Chicken Fajita Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound Chopped skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium Chopped onion
- 1 medium Chopped yellow, green, and red pepper
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 cups Frozen corn
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup Brown rice, uncooked
- Tortilla chips
- Minced fresh chives
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 4 cups Water
- 1 can Green enchilada sauce
- 1 can Chopped green chilies
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Turn ON a Dutch oven and keep the flame from medium to high.
- Place all the ingredients including onion, peppers, and chicken in the oil.
- Continue cooking and stirring at medium flame till vegetables get tender and crispier.
- Add corn, enchilada sauce, chiles, water, and rice into it. Also, sprinkle salt to get the flavor and stir the whole mixture.
- Once the mixture is boiled, reduce the heat intensity and cover the pot.
- Allow it to simmer for some time till the rice turns tender.
- Turn Off the heat. Add sour cream and cheese to it. Stir the cheese thoroughly to melt it.
- Delicious chicken fajita chowder is ready to serve. Enjoy having it along with chives and chips.