Are you looking for a rich and cheesy appetizer that brings more cravings once consumed? Cheddar’s Spinach Dip Recipe is the absolute solution to your problem!
A great appetizer with a smooth and creamy texture and the nutrition of a lot of spinach, Cheddar’s Spinach Dip is an ultimate recipe and a must-try! It will make you yearn for it more and more that you will end up skipping the main course meal.
On the one hand, it is very easy, on the other hand, it is very tasty and on another hand, it is time efficient. That being said, it is a complete deal of effortless flavor being served at your family gatherings, friends’ gatherings, movie nights, and every special occasion. So consider giving this recipe a try!
How to Make Cheddar’s Spinach Dip?
To make this incredible appetizer, you do not need to make much effort. Just add the ingredients in the right order and give them a good mix. The order should be as follows: cream cheese and half-and-half first, then after mixing them, add the jalapeno, onion, garlic, Monterey Jack cheese, salt, and black pepper. Mix them and top with spinach. Let it rest and then bake. The Cheddar’s spinach dip will be ready. Eliminating the resting time for the mixture, the whole process takes about 40 minutes in total.
Ingredients for Cheddar’s Spinach Dip Recipe
You need the following ingredients to make Cheddar’s Spinach Dip :
- Spinach = 1 pack
- Chopped jalapeno pepper = 1 pepper
- Finely diced onion = ¼ cup
- Half-and-half = 1 cup
- Minced garlic = 2 tsp
- Cream cheese = 1 cup (8 oz)
- Monterey Jack cheese = 1-½ cups (12 oz)
- Black pepper = to taste
- Salt = to taste
Step-by-Step Guide for Making Cheddar’s Spinach Dip Recipe
Follow this step-by-step guide to make Cheddar’s Spinach Dip:
Preheat your oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a bowl, add the cream cheese and half-and-half. Give them a good mix until combined.
Then add onion, garlic, black pepper, jalapeno, salt, and Monterey Jack cheese in the mixture and again mix everything well together.
Chop the spinach and add it to the mixture.
Cover the bowl with a plastic sheet and let it cool for about 60 minutes.
After an hour, move the mixture from the bowl to a baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for half an hour until the top appears to be bubbly. Creamy cheddar’s spinach dip is ready. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- You can garnish the final dish with your favorite herbs.
- Half-and-half can be replaced by heavy cream. You can also use Greek yogurt but it is not preferable in the sense that the dish will lose its originality and taste.
- For some extra flair, you can alternate Monetery Jack cheese with gouda cheese.
- Bell peppers are a good alternative to jalapenos. But jalapeno gives a calculated amount of heat and flavor. On the other hand, bell peppers are not as hot as jalapenos.
- Try not to use a substitute for cream cheese. But a replacement can be mayonnaise or sour cream.
- To add extra flavor and nutrition to the dip, you can additionally use any herb you like. Parsley, basil, and thyme are all considerable options.
- Do not hesitate to add your favorite mushrooms to the dip.
- The chunks of apples are also fine as well.
- Trickle some drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice for extra zest.
To enhance the enjoyability of your spinach dip, you can serve the following with it:
- Tortilla chips
- Beer bread
- Pita chips
- Sourdough bread
- Bagel crisps
- Slices fruits or vegetables
Although impossible to be left over, if it happens by any chance, you can feasibly store the spinach dip in the refrigerator. Put the leftover spinach dip in an airtight container or put it in a bowl and cover it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Then refrigerate or freeze it according to your wish.
But here is a caution: since this dip contains spinach, there are great chances of the dip going stale, soggy, or watery. So try not to store it and if you have to, use it as soon as possible to avoid wastage of your cheddar’s spinach dip.
While it is a very easy recipe to make, it turns out extremely scrumptious and cheesy. The ingredients complement one another very well and create a very good overall flavor for the Cheddar spinach dip. Also, this recipe demands a little effort while offering a great taste. So it will be worth your time and effort!
More Delicious Recipes
- Corner Bakery Pancake Recipe
- Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Costco Lobster Claws Recipe
- Mango Margarita Recipe
Cheddar’s Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 pack Spinach
- 1 pepper Chopped jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup Finely diced onion
- 1 cup Half-and-half
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 1-½ cups (12 oz) Monterey Jack cheese
- Black pepper = to taste
- Salt = to taste
- Preheat your oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and half-and-half. Give them a good mix until combined.
- Then add onion, garlic, black pepper, jalapeno, salt, and Monterey Jack cheese in the mixture and again mix everything well together.
- Chop the spinach and add it to the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic sheet and let it cool for about 60 minutes.
- After an hour, move the mixture from the bowl to a baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for half an hour until the top appears to be bubbly. Creamy cheddar’s spinach dip is ready. Enjoy!