Are you tired of store-bought meatballs that always taste the same? Let’s add some flavor to your meatballs with this scrumptious Firecracker Meatballs Recipe.
Firecracker meatballs are quick and easy snacks for your cravings. With the savory flavor of beef and pork, these are loaded with flavor and juiciness. When served with firecracker sauce, they satisfy your cravings in a heavenly way.
These meatballs can be served as a snack, an appetizer, or even as a main course dish. With the juiciness and savor they hold, they are equally liked by everyone from children to elderly people. So they make a great option for family gatherings.
How to Make Firecracker Meatballs?
These yummy firecracker meatballs are very simple to make. Just mix the ingredients of the meatballs. Make the meatballs from the mixture and bake them until golden. Then make the firecracker sauce by mixing its ingredients. In the final step, assemble them. Line the meatballs and trickle the sauce. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Firecracker meatballs will be ready in 35 minutes.
Ingredients for Firecracker Meatballs Recipe
For making Firecracker Meatballs, you need the following ingredients:
- Ground pork = 1 lb
- Ground beef = 1 lb
- Chopped green onions = 4
- Sriracha = 2 tbsp
- Minced garlic = 4 cloves
- Almond flour = ½ cups
- Grated ginger = 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce = 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds for serving
- Liquid honey = 2 tbsp
- Rice vinegar = 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise = 2 tbsp
- Sriracha = 1 tbsp
- Sour cream = 2 tbsp
Step-by-Step Guide for Making Firecracker Meatballs Recipe
Follow this step-by-step guide to make Firecracker Meatballs:
Preheat the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients for the meatballs in it. Give them a fine mix. When the mixture is ready, make the meatballs out of it. The size can be 1-½ inches each. But you can vary according to your preference.
Line the meatballs on a baking sheet. Bake them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked and golden.
Meanwhile, in another bowl, add the ingredients of the firecracker sauce and mix them.
Take out the cooked meatballs from the oven. Dish them out in a serving dish.
Trickle down the firecracker sauce on them until they are fully covered in the sauce.
For serving, sprinkle sesame seeds for a good look and green onions for an extra hint of taste and color. Firecracker meatballs are ready. Bon Appetit!
Recipe Tips and Variations
Here are some tips for your convenience:
- Use the white part of the green onions in the meatballs and the green part for garnishing.
- Sriracha is for a balanced flavor and spice. You can use another brand but you have to adjust the spices according to that.
- Ground chicken can also be used.
- For a smoky touch, add some BBQ sauce to the firecracker sauce.
- You can also use a pinch of paprika in the sauce.
- If you are gluten-free, you can substitute the culprit ingredients with gluten-free ingredients.
You can serve the following with these toothsome meatballs:
- Basmati rice
- Sauteed green beans
- Creamy cucumber salad
- Garlic butter rice
- Sauteed bok choy
- Coconut rice
Can we use the frozen meatballs for this recipe?
Frozen meatballs can be used but in homemade meatballs, there is a free hand for what to add and how much to add, which is a limitation of store-bought frozen meatballs. So they may not necessarily taste as good and fresh as the homemade meatballs.
Is it okay to freeze the firecracker meatballs?
You can freeze the firecracker meatballs but the sauce does not freeze very well. For meatballs, first, freeze them by lining them on a dish lined with parchment paper, and then transfer them to a freezer-proof container.
For how long do the cooked firecracker meatballs last in the refrigerator?
Cooked firecracker meatballs last for 4 days in the refrigerator.
These meatballs are already loaded with Asian flavors. And when they are served with the firecracker sauce, their flavor is just enhanced to another level. With beef and pork, you can consume your daily protein in a flavorful way. They are quick to make and can also be tried for a gluten-free version with very little variation. So whenever you are confused about making a snack or appetizer, you can make these firecracker meatballs.
More Delicious Recipes
Firecracker Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 4 Chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 4 cloves Minced garlic
- ½ cups Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Grated ginger
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for serving
- 2 tbsp Liquid honey
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients for the meatballs in it. Give them a fine mix. When the mixture is ready, make the meatballs out of it. The size can be 1-½ inches each. But you can vary according to your preference.
- Line the meatballs on a baking sheet. Bake them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked and golden.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, add the ingredients of the firecracker sauce and mix them.
- Take out the cooked meatballs from the oven. Dish them out in a serving dish.
- Trickle down the firecracker sauce on them until they are fully covered in the sauce.
- For serving, sprinkle sesame seeds for a good look and green onions for an extra hint of taste and color. Firecracker meatballs are ready. Bon Appetit!