Looking for a cozy and rich vegetable soup? Dive into the ocean of heartiness with this creamy and savory Dixie Stampede Soup.
Have you ever been to Dixie Stampede and had their signature Dixie Stampede soup and wondered why it tastes so heavenly? Well, we have this recipe for you that speaks for the extraordinary flavor of this soup.
This soup is mainly served in Missouri, Tennessee, and Branson at the stampede shows and is filled with the rich and creamy flavor of half and half, the savor of chicken broth, and vegetables that combine to give a nice and balanced flavor. The soup has been a fascination for years but now, it is not a big deal if you want to make one of your own.
With this Dixie Stampede Soup recipe, you will be able to make the yummy soup at home with an easy procedure and enjoy it at your dinner table. Now go ahead and try this quick and velvety soup to enjoy its uniqueness.
How to Make Dixie Stampede Soup?
This hearty soup is a big yes! With the basic and simple ingredients, you get to have a creamy and savory soup. First, add some butter to the saucepan and heat it. Then add all-purpose flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and white pepper and simmer. After that, add vegetables and chicken broth and simmer again. Blend the vegetables and whisk in the cream. Simmer and finally serve the yummy soup. It takes only 15 minutes to make this scrumptious Dixie Stampede Soup.
Ingredients for Dixie Stampede Soup Recipe
For making Dixie Stampede Soup, you need the following ingredients:
- All purpose flour = ¼ cup
- Butter = 4 tbsp
- Chicken broth = 14.5 oz
- Half and half = 2 cups
- Mixed vegetables = 15 oz can
- Onion powder = 1 tsp
- Garlic powder = 1 tsp
- Ground white pepper = 1 tsp
- Salt = ¾ tsp
Step-by-Step Guide for Making Dixie Stampede Soup Recipe
Follow this step-by-step guide to make Dixie Stampede Soup:
Heat a large saucepan and melt the butter in it. Then add all-purpose flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and white pepper. Mix them well and simmer for 1 minute.
Drain the vegetables in the can. Add chicken broth and vegetables to the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Then mash the vegetables and blend the soup to get a smooth consistency.
Heat the blended soup, add half and half, and mix. Simmer for 5 minutes one more time.
Take the soup out from the saucepan. Dixie’s stampede soup is ready. Serve with cornbread or garlic biscuits. Bon Appetit!
Recipe Tips and Variations
Here are some tips for your convenience:
- Instead of canned vegetables, you can also use fresh vegetables after steaming them.
- Also, you can go for your favorite vegetables.
- For a heartier soup, add pasta or rice.
- Add some mashed potatoes for a thicker soup.
- You can also add cornstarch to thicken the soup. Just mix some cornstarch in a small quantity of milk and mix in the soup.
The leftover soup can be safely stored in a refrigerator for 4 days and in a freezer for 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container. Thaw and reheat before using the frozen soup. If it has gotten thicker, add some chicken broth and simmer to get the desired consistency.
How can I make my soup thicker?
For a thicker consistency, you can use heavy cream instead of half and half. Moreover, you can also add mashed potatoes or instant potato flakes to thicken the soup. Otherwise, cornstarch can also be a possible solution.
How can I make this soup gluten-free?
Just replace the all-purpose flour with your gluten-free flour. You can also use cornstarch to thicken the mixture.
How to make chunk-free soup?
If you do not like chunks in your soup, you can blend it with an emulsion blender to a chuck-free mixture. And then reheat in the saucepan.
I hope this recipe turns out as good as you were expecting. Normally, if you want a nutritious soup, you sometimes have to compromise its taste. But if we talk about this Dixie soup, it is full of nutrition and taste at the same time. The vegetables do not make this soup boring at all. But they complement the flavor of the overall soup and make you crave it more and more. With all this being said, this flavorful soup becomes a must-try!
More Delicious Recipes
Dixie Stampede Soup Recipe
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 14.5 oz Chicken broth
- 2 cups Half and half
- 15 oz can Mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ground white pepper
- ¾ tsp Salt
- Heat a large saucepan and melt the butter in it. Then add all-purpose flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and white pepper. Mix them well and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain the vegetables in the can. Add chicken broth and vegetables to the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Then mash the vegetables and blend the soup to get a smooth consistency.
- Heat the blended soup, add half and half, and mix. Simmer for 5 minutes one more time.
- Take the soup out from the saucepan. Dixie's stampede soup is ready. Serve with cornbread or garlic biscuits. Bon Appetit!