Are you fed up with the repeating flavors and varieties of sauces? Well, try this Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and indulge in the smokiness of Chipotle and the tang of raspberries.
You have always heard about the traditional sauces and the regular flavors of them. Sometimes it is a BBQ sauce, sometimes it is a hot chili sauce.
All these sauces have a mono flavor. Either it is hot or smoky. But the sauce I am going to mention is something magical.
Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is made from jalapeno peppers and raspberries. The earthy and hot flavor of peppers accompanied by the tart of raspberries creates a unique blend of flavor that satisfies your taste buds.
That is the reason, this sauce serves various roles. You can use it as an appetizer, a dipping sauce, a grill sauce, or a BBQ sauce at the same time.
So let’s give it a try:
How to Make Raspberry Chipotle Sauce?
This mouth-watering sauce takes a few steps and gets ready. First of all, tenderize the jalapeno peppers in olive oil. Then add garlic and adobo sauce. Simmer the mixture. Add sugar, vinegar, and salt. Again mix and simmer to reduce the volume of the sauce to the right thickness. Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is ready. It takes almost 30 minutes to make this sauce.
Ingredients for Raspberry Chipotle Sauce Recipe
To make Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, you need the following ingredients:
- Fresh raspberries = 6 oz
- White sugar = ½ cup
- Brown sugar = ¼ cup
- Olive oil = 2 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar = ½ cup
- Minced garlic = 2 cloves
- Salt = ½ tsp
- Adobo sauce = 4 tsp
- Seeded and diced jalapeno peppers = 2 large
Step-by-Step Guide for Making Raspberry Chipotle Sauce Recipe
Follow this step-by-step guide to make Raspberry Chipotle Sauce:
In a skillet, add some olive oil. Heat it. Then add diced jalapeno peppers in the hot olive oil and cook them until they become tender. It will take about 5-6 minutes.
Then add adobo sauce and minced garlic in the skillet. Mix everything and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Add the raspberries to this sauce and stir them. Then cook them until they turn soft. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
Add white sugar, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and salt to the sauce. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Keep simmering for about 15 minutes so that the volume of sauce is reduced to half and it is thickened to a nice consistency. Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is ready.
In a heat-proof bowl, transfer the hot sauce. Let it cool for half an hour and serve. Bon Appetit!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- You can also add some onion to this sauce.
Well, the following are some nice suggestions to serve with the raspberry chipotle sauce:
- For topping meat, chicken, and shrimp, use this as a BBQ sauce.
- For vegetables and shish kabob, use it as a basting sauce.
- Can also be used as an appetizer.
- Can be served with crackers.
- Served great with turkey sandwiches.
- For the cocktail sausage and meatballs, use this yummy sauce as a dipping sauce.
- It also perfectly complements the paninis and sandwiches.
|1 recipe yields 8 servings. Calories = 129 cal|
|Total Fat |
|Vitamin C||63 %|
What is the taste of Raspberry Chipotle Sauce?
This sauce has the earthy flavor and tart flavor of peppers and raspberries combined. This is, of course, a strange yet amazing mix of flavors.
Is Raspberry Chipotle sauce spicy or hot?
This sauce has medium heat. The other hints of flavors include sweet, smoky, earthy, and tangy.
What is Chipotle?
Chipotle peppers are nothing but dried and smoked jalapeno peppers. So no worries about the usage of jalapeno peppers in the recipe.
Can I store the leftover sauce?
The leftover sauce can be easily stored in the freezer for 3 months and in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Just keep in mind that you store it in an airtight container.
I hope you liked this recipe. This tart and smoky sauce has the quality to make everything taste exceptional when served with it. Moreover, the ingredients and procedure are also simple.
The good thing is you can make it in bulk, store and use it immediately whenever you feel like it. So in short, this is a complete package that needs your try.
More Delicious Recipes
Raspberry Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- 6 oz Fresh raspberries
- ½ cup White sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Adobo sauce
- 2 large Seeded and diced jalapeno peppers
- In a skillet, add some olive oil. Heat it. Then add diced jalapeno peppers in the hot olive oil and cook them until they become tender. It will take about 5-6 minutes.
- Then add adobo sauce and minced garlic in the skillet. Mix everything and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the raspberries to this sauce and stir them. Then cook them until they turn soft. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and salt to the sauce. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Keep simmering for about 15 minutes so that the volume of sauce is reduced to half and it is thickened to a nice consistency. Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is ready.
- In a heat-proof bowl, transfer the hot sauce. Let it cool for half an hour and serve. Bon Appetit!