Tired of having high-caloric and artificially sweetened smoothies from McDonald’s? Try this homemade McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie and enjoy the frothy and thick smoothie with all-natural ingredients.
Are you a regular at McCafe? Do you love starting your days with smoothies? But the ones from McDonald’s seem artificial and too sweet. Then you have got to the right address.
I will tell you how you can make your favorite Strawberry & Banana Smoothie from McDonald’s with very simple ingredients and no artificial sugars as well as flavorings. What can be better than a nutritious, totally natural fruit-based flavored smoothie?
This homemade Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie will surely be more delicious than McDonald’s and I’m sure your family and especially kids will like it too. Since the flavor has not been enhanced by artificial flavorings, you have to add a lot of fruit to get the up-to-mark flavor. This means the smoothie will have a lot of natural sugar and fiber that will boost your energy level as well as give you a sense of fullness.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s try making this real quick and easy Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie.
How to Make a McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
This is a very delicious smoothie that is too uncomplicated to make. For making a Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie, add bananas, strawberries, greek yogurt, and ice cubes in a food processor. Blend them well together. For a thicker smoothie, you may also like to add heavy cream and blend. Then pour it into the glasses. Garnish and serve. It takes only 2-3 minutes to make this thick and creamy Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie.
Ingredients for McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For making a Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie, you need the following ingredients:
- Bananas = 2
- Strawberries = 3 cups
- Greek yogurt = 1-½ cups
- Milk = ½ cup (in case of frozen fruit)
- Ice cubes = 1 cup
Step-by-Step Guide for Making McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Follow this step-by-step guide to make Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie:
Take a food processor or a blender. Add milk, strawberries, bananas, greek yogurt, and ice cubes in it.
Blend all the ingredients to make a foamy and smooth mixture.
Pour this frosty smoothie into the smoothie bottles or glasses. Garnish with a strawberry. Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie is ready. Put straws in the glasses and serve cold.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- You can add fresh or frozen fruit, it will not affect the smoothie.
- If you are using fresh fruit, just use Greek yogurt.
- If you are using frozen fruit, add some milk to balance the flavor and texture.
- To get a richer texture, you can add some heavy cream to the smoothie.
- For increased health benefits, add some hemp seeds or chia seeds.
- You can also add your protein powder to this.
- Swipe the fruits with other fruits and make other smoothies also.
Is a Strawberry & Banana Smoothie healthy to drink?
Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie is rich in fiber and carbohydrates. It is also rich in sugars. So while you look at the positive aspects of it, you must keep in mind to drink in moderation to avoid sugar load.
What to do with leftover Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie?
You can store it and drink it later on. But it will most probably split into two layers. There is a very fascinating option you can try. Pour the leftover smoothie into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Next time when you make the smoothie, use these cubes in place of ice cubes. And it will make the flavor richer.
How to overcome the separation of layers in a stored Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie?
To overcome this problem, pour the refrigerated smoothie into the blender and blend it again before using. That will restore the consistency of a smoothie.
I hope this recipe seems easy to you too. No doubt it is more delicious and healthy. But these are not the only benefits of this homemade version of Strawberry & Banana McDonald’s Smoothie. It will be more economical than McDonald’s and you can make a large batch to drink the smoothie to your content. Moreover, it is also a great option to opt for if you are too lazy to go to McDonald’s and grab a smoothie. Just blend the fruits with yogurt and get your favorite and healthy homemade smoothie.
More Delicious Recipes
- Popeyes Cajun Sparkle Recipe (French Fries Seasoning)
- Strawberry Long Island Iced Tea Recipe
- Freddy’s Fry Sauce Recipe (Copycat)
McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 Bananas
- 3 cups Strawberries
- 1-½ cups Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Milk, in case of frozen fruit
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- Take a food processor or a blender. Add milk, strawberries, bananas, greek yogurt, and ice cubes in it.
- Blend all the ingredients to make a foamy and smooth mixture.
- Pour this frosty smoothie into the smoothie bottles or glasses. Garnish with a strawberry. Strawberry & Banana McDonald's Smoothie is ready. Put straws in the glasses and serve cold.