Carrabba's Minestrone Soup Recipe
Carrabba's Minestrone Soup Recipe is a classic soup made of many different vegetables, beans, and potatoes. It is usually served with lots of rice, pasta and sage. It’s a traditional soup that can be enjoyed all year round with any season. Minestrone is one of the delicious family recipes.
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 5 Carrots
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 oz Prosciutto (Left Whole)
- 1 pound Green Cabbage (Chopped in 1×1-inch pieces)
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dried Basil
- ½ cup Green Beans (Cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 32 oz Boxes of Chicken Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Plum Tomatoes diced
- 1 Pecorrino Romano Rind
- 2 Russet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 1 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Kidney Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannellini Beans Drained
- 2 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese Grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a 10 quart stockpot over medium heat, melt the salted butter and olive oil. About 5 minutes after adding the celery, carrots, onion, prosciutto, and garlic, sauté until soft.
Cook for 10 minutes or until the green beans, cabbage, zucchini, dried basil, parsley, and parsley are soft.
Adding chicken stock, bay leaf, diced tomatoes, Pecorino Romano rind and potatoes will enhance the taste. Bringing the soup to a boil and simmering it will enhance the taste. Let it simmer until the potatoes are soft.
Continue simmering for 5 more minutes with canned garbanzo, kidney, and cannelini beans.
Remove the rind from the Pecorino Romano and the prosciutto (if you left them whole).
Add the grated Pecorino Romano cheese and stir continuously until melted. Divide evenly among bowls.